On Monday, June 13, 2016, Forbes announced that Microsoft would acquire LinkedIn for $26.2 billion.
What does this mean to those who are currently using LinkedIn? It means a large infusion of financing which will undoubtedly lead to new and improved functionalities on the world-leading social media site for business. If you are currently on LinkedIn but haven’t found a way to make it ‘work’ for you, here are some reasons I came up with:
The Top 5 Reasons LinkedIn Does Not Work For You
- You have an incomplete profile or your profile is not as well written as it could be.
- You rarely go on LinkedIn to check your mail or post comments.
- You aren’t sure why you should connect with others on LinkedIn.
- You would like to find a way to generate more prospects or close sales using LinkedIn, but you aren’t sure what to do.
- When you go on LinkedIn, you mostly use it to respond to other’s requests to connect.
The Top 5 Reasons Why LinkedIn Works Really Well For You
- You have a professional business profile that projects your image successfully and is part of your overall branding campaign.
- You go onto LinkedIn pretty regularly, in between calls or appointments, and when you are there, you come up with ideas of ways to interact with others.
- When you meet people at networking or business meetings, you proactively ask them to connect with you on LinkedIn – and then you find reasons to interact with them later.
- You successfully use LinkedIn as part of your overall marketing and PR campaigns all the time and you encourage co-workers and friends to do the same.
- You realize that what effort you put into LinkedIn is what you will get out of it, and with that knowledge you initiate efforts to interact with and network with others as you would with any other networking group.
If you need assistance with your LinkedIn profile or would like to have professionally-written blogs and press releases that use LinkedIn as a free distribution channel, I can help you. Please call me for a special discounted rate at: (818) 353-5699 or email: [email protected].