As a writer and a business professional, I believe it’s important to continue learning and growing. Over the 25+ years that I have been in business as Writer For Hire, I have continually engaged in learning from others so that I can pass on new skills and expertise to my clients.
These past three years have been very busy with my additional duties as an elected official of Sunland-Tujunga. As the Region 1 rep for our Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council, I have learned much about the inner workings of the City of Los Angeles. By attending city meetings at many different levels, I have increased my own awareness level and my ability to help stakeholders who live in my area.
In the past, I have invested my time in learning from others in business by engaging in seminars and webinars with IWOSC (Independent Writers of Southern CA), including these scintillating topics:
"Legal and Tax Tips from the experts for writers and other creatives," January 30, 2023 "Annual Literary Agents' Panel," September 28. 2022 "Indie Press/Small Publishers Panel," July 25, 2022 "Writing the Celebrity Biography," May 28, 2022 "Book Promotion with Kathleen Kaiser," President of the Writers & Publishers Network, May 16, 2022 "Self-Publishing with BookBaby," April 25, 2022 "Annual Literary Agents Panel," Sept. 29, 2021
- “The Nuts & Bolts of Self Publishing,” PALA, Oct. 29, 2016.
- “How to Build a Successful Social Media Strategy,” Publishers Association of L.A., June 20, 2016.
- ISSA-LA Eighth Annual Information Security Summit, May 20, 2016
- “How to Create Videos for YouTube and Sell More Books,” PALA., May 18, 2016.
- “How to Publish with Amazon,” Independent Writers of So. CA, April 2016.
- “Word Processing Tricks & Tips,” Independent Writers of So. CA, Feb. 2016.
- “Writing Memoirs,” Independent Writers of So. CA, Sept. 2015.
- “Social Media and SEO Tips,” Business Marketing Association of Southern CA, August 2015.
- 10th Annual Southern California Small Business Event, Dec. 2014: Pasadena Convention Center.
- “Initiating Content Development for Social Media,” Business Marketing Assoc., So. CA, August 2014.
- JPL Small Business Round Table – August 2, 2013
- Social Media Training, October 21, 2011: Metropolitan Water District, L.A. –
- Small Business Expo, October 20, 2011: DWP Van Nuys
- 14th Annual JPL Small Business Round Table – August 9, 2011
- WSI Social Media Marketing – August 3, 2011
- SCORE Small Business High-Speed Growth Event – July 13, 2011
- County of L.A. Contracting Connections – June 14, 2011
- “Social Media Strategies,” Marketwire/Marketing Sherpa – May 26,2011
- Los Angeles County Technology Week – Innovation for Sucess, Jan. 20, 2011
- “New Ways to Add Value to Clients,” Ken Keller’s Business Executive Roundtable, Jan. 13, 2011.
- Government Contracting Workshop, PACE – March 19, 2010
- Five Ways to Grow Business with White Papers – Jan. 20, 2010
Previous Business Trainings & Conferences:
- Valley Economic Development Commission, Small Business Financing Event, Glendale, 2008
- Metropolitan Water District, Government Contracting Workshop Series, 2007)
- Mayor’s Office on the Status of Women, Los Angeles, 2007
- L.A. Music Week, Oct. 2006
- National Association of Record Industry Professionals, Hollywood, 2005
- International Blues Competition, Judge, Oct. 2004
- Entertainment Public Relations, Professor Julian Meyers
- Music PR and Marketing, Violet PR