1. Writing the press release with a news - oriented catchy headline.
2. Inputing keywords that link back to your website to help people search and find you on the Internet.
3. Setting up the release with the newswire service for distribution far and wide to news media and your chosen industries.
4. Tracking the results of the press release distribution after it goes out.
3. Reporting back to you and explaining the breakdown of the media distribution, social media posting of your press release, and providing you with the proof of where your release was published on 100 or more media online sites.
In addition to my fee, you will need to pay the newswire for the distribution of your release. Without their distribution, the release doesn't get seen. The newswire's fee is based on the word count of the release plus the geographic distribution. (Usually it amounts to a few hundred dollars, depending on the length of the release).
In addition to Phase 1, I also will do a targeted media pitch to groups of ten media that you and I agree would be a good fit for your release. I will contact each media, speak with a news editor, producer or reporter appropriate to the story, pitch the story to them, send them the release, and follow up with them after they have read it to see if they will do a story.
There is no guarantee that they will do a story. My guarantee is that I will get through to them and pitch the story. That is what you are paying me to do as your publicist.
Pitching a story cuts through all the delays in editors finding your story in the hundreds of emails they get every day. It also puts them in an action mode to make a decision, rather than waiting to see if they see your release, read it, and decide to use it. If they do like the story, I will follow up with them to find out when they will do an interview and run a story on your company.
Click on the examples listed to read press releases I have written for clients.